Today is exactly 2 years since we arrived in South Asia. Has it really been 2 years already?
The boss has brought us through so many trials and triumphs, joys and fears, frustrations and achievements, grief and lessons learned, and good and bad situations. He is always faithful, and we know he will be with us through our remaining 10 months with this term, and the many trials and triumphs, etc, that will inevitably come.
I think today calls for a Top 10, don't you? Favorite South Asian Times of the Last 2 Years:
10. Finally getting a bb gun to arm ourselves against the monkeys.
9. October in the Himalayas.
8. Learning to converse, however badly, in another language. Better yet, learning to read and write in another script.
7. Mango season!
6. Watching Chini get all mad over the monkeys.
5. Dancing at the sangeet at the first wedding I attended here.
4. Discovering things that make life a little easier here in the Capital, like all the deliveries.
3. Visiting the grand palaces, historic monuments, forts, and ruins located all around this country.
2. Beginning my love affair with all things Bollywood.
1. Seeing lives that have been changed - both mine and nationals.