25.12.06

last post for awhile

We had a great Christmas yesterday! It was fun filled from our early morning webcam with husband's family to the late night one with my family. In between we went to two different places. First we were invited by over for Christmas breakfast by some very close friends who live in our neighborhood. They are pretty much our family away from home. We sang happy birthday, ate a scrumptious breakfast, and opened presents together. And laughed a lot! Then we all went over to a coworker's house for a huge Christmas lunch. After lunch was the most fun part - the White Elephant game! Now, some of your regular White Elephant gifts were present - candles, ornaments, etc. But the hottest items were actually gifts that if you opened in the states, you'd say, Um, thanks? Things like Skittles, Reese's PB Cups, and the hottest item of all, Dr. Pepper! You should have heard the hoots and hollers when that six pack of Dr. Pepper was unwrapped. I was too busy laughing to realize the actual length of the game, but it went on for awhile. One package I opened, mint Hershey's kisses, made me laugh because it was accompanied with a note exclaiming, "Straight from the US!" I ended up with Velveeta and Rotel, and husband ended up with a Nalgene bottle. Not a bad day in our household. Chini received 5 presents! I think she's more popular than we are.

We leave tomorrow night on our Visa run and retreat, and a little vacation tacked on. We'll return in two weeks. Everyone have a happy and safe New Year!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Got your cute Christmas Card/Pic. Ever so crafty. Glad to know you had such a good Christmas! Hope you realxed and enjoyed some barfi and eggnog! ;)

Lindsay said...

Hey.. very exciting to see you here. I have a blog but I rarely update it. I look forward to reading about the everyday life you guys are living. Have fun on your vacation.

Anonymous said...

ill miss your blogs! have a good trip and stay safe. Happy New Year!

Anonymous said...

Mmmmm nothing says Christmas like some Eggless sweets and a six pack of Dr. Pepper.

I hate I couldn't be there - glad you had a fun time. It was nice seeing you and Foofa Christmas day...

SouthAsiaRocks said...

OK, I know that you're back home! I'm ready for a new blog post!!