13.3.06

nova backwards spells...


AVON! Can you believe that in a small corner of this town there is an actual Avon shop here? Priya took Hannah and me there today, and on the way, we discussed how we didn't know what to expect. It turned out to be pretty nice! And, contrary to normal South Asia experiences, they had almost everything listed! I mean, out of all the things that I wanted from the brochure, there were only 2 things not in stock. See everything I got? I don't want to tell you what I paid because it would make you sick at how cheap it is. Let's just say, all of this cost about the same amount as a couple of lipsticks in the states would cost. And it's real Avon!

Also, today it started raining bloody murder. Is that a correct usage of that phrase? Well it should be. By the time I got home, I was drenched and freezing from being pelted with rain and hail. And the electricity had been out in our concrete house for over 2 hours, according to poor husband, who was still sick and barely visible wrapped under a blanket, sitting in front of the not-working electric heater. So this is a picture of me, about 30 minutes after I arrived home. You do what you gotta do to stay warm in these parts.

4 comments:

Sarah said...

Wow- Avon! Lucky, you. Is your heater up and running yet?

SouthAsiaRocks said...

Dude Avon? That Rocks!! Is that in your city??? That's so cool!! I want to go with you sometime! Awesome!!!!

A Little Water said...

hey friend, you look as though you are warming up quite nicely there. also you are so lucky, to have avon right there in your city. hannah was telling me about that experience.

grace,
your fellow "girls write out" friend

Anonymous said...

you dont need make up! goofy!