3.4.06

blog is the new motorhome

My family was RV'ing before RV'ing was cool. First, it was the cab-over that my dad would put over the old green truck that somehow our family of 4 could sleep in. Then when I was about 6, they bought the pre-pre-pre owned Shasta travel trailer, with the oh-so contemporary orange and brown interior. When I was in high school, they traded in the Shasta for another trailer. Family vacations were never spent in motels or hotels...they always began with Mom directing Dad through the mirrors towards the trailer hitch, included the big van pulling the Shasta (and sometimes the boat would be hitched to the trailer!) on all sorts of roads, and campsites with everything from ants to wolves. All of this is to say that for as long as I can remember, I've seen those stickers on the side of motorhomes and travel trailers with the states that they had been to highlighted. Bad grammar? Sorry. I've always wanted one of those, but of course, I've never had my own motorhome. So my blog is where I'll be sticking my long awaited map: (thanks, kim, for the link!)



create your own personalized map of the USA
or write about it on the open travel guide

I also did one with the countries I've been to. I always thought I was doing good, travel wise, until I saw that I've only been to 2% of the countries in the world. (6 countries) 2% sounds so measly. I need to get out more!

2 comments:

SouthAsiaRocks said...

hahaha - AWESOME! I love it :) How fun!

Anonymous said...

yeah the only country ive been to is mexico! less than one percent...that can't be good! im impressed at how many places youve been...how fun!