24.10.05

my first hexagonal apple...hexagon

For the first time ever I made a pie tonight. I am beginning to plan out Thanksgiving meals, and since I really don't access to any of the foods I know how to make for Thanksgiving (which really isn't much), that's why I'm having to start practicing a month in advance. I've never made a pie before, and even if I had made one in the states, I would've bought the crust first. I think once I tricked myself into believing I had made cherry cheesecake, with that ready made crust and ready made cheese and ready made cherries. Anyway, so I'm not expert on pies. I think I've already laid out my credentials of being a slight airhead, and tonight was no exception. After almost fully completing the preparations for the pie, I realized, Hey, shouldn't I have a pie pan? Of course I didn't, but I did have some hexagonal baking pans for some reason. Seeing as the crusts were rolled out and the apple filling was already made, I had no choice but to try it out. And guess what - it worked! And having the pan made the little diagonal cuts very easy to center, which is something only a scrapbooker can appreciate. Husband told me all pies should be hexagons because it makes cutting the pie that much easier.

So here is a picture of my first apple pie...that's not a pie shape at all.

5 comments:

News Sender said...

What a great job you did! I agree, all pies should be hexagonal. I'm very proud of you, Mrs. Suzy Homemaker.

Mandi said...

hexagon, rectangle, triangle, whatever--that pie looks good to me? so are you gonna come down here and cook thanksgiving for us or what? hehehe

NOSILA611 said...

WOW! That looks yummy! We don't have apples here. Well...we do...but they are very expensive! I'm gonna need you to send me the recipe, please. And this is not a light request. I'm serious!!! That looks awesome!

donandkat said...

WOW!!! I've never seen one like that. Will there be a bunch of little "Pie Shops" opening up in the future???? I wonder if I'll see anything like that when I'm there.........probably not.
Donnie

dadto3 said...

I love it. You should start a marketing campaign for hexagonal pies. But then would pie still equal mc squared? Ha/ha!!